Receive all the Ada news first - join the growing list of followers on the Ada Icon facebook page. Click to like.
The Ada Planning Commission will hold a public hearing on April 23, at 7 p.m. in Council Chambers to discuss the amendment of the Zoning Ordinance Section 1177 dealing with inspections and violations. The proposed changes follow:
1177.01 ENFORCEMENT BY ZONING INSPECTOR.
(a) There is hereby established the office of Zoning Inspector. The Mayor shall appoint the Zoning Inspector with the approval by the Village Council. It shall be the duty of the Zoning Inspector to enforce this ordinance in accordance with the administrative provisions of this Zoning Ordinance.
For the purpose of the enforcing the Zoning Ordinance, the Zoning Inspector shall have the following authority hereunder and duties:
(1) Upon finding that any of the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance are being violated, the Zoning Inspector shall notify in writing the person responsible for such violation(s), ordering the action necessary to correct such violation.
(2) Order discontinuance of illegal uses of land, buildings, or structures;
(3) Order removal of illegal buildings or structures or illegal additions or structural alterations;
(4) Order discontinuance of any illegal work being done;
(5) Take any other action authorized by this Zoning Ordinance to insure compliance with, or to prevent violation of, its provisions. This may include the issuance of and action on zoning and certificate of occupancy permits and such similar administrative duties as are permissible under the law.
1177.07 VIOLATIONS; PENALTIES
It shall be unlawful to locate, erect, construct, reconstruct, enlarge, change, maintain or use any building or land in violation of the provisions of this ordinance or any amendment or supplement thereto adopted by the Village Council. Any person, firm or corporation violating any of the provisions of this ordinance of any amendments of supplement thereto shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and upon conviction thereof shall be fined not more than five hundred dollars ($500.00). Each and every day during which such illegal location, erection, construction, enlargement, change, maintain or use continues may be deemed to separate offense.
If the Zoning Inspector finds that any erection, construction, reconstruction, enlargement, change, use or occupancy of any building, structure, or land is being done or has been done contrary to this Zoning Ordinance, the Zoning Inspector shall immediately issue a “Stop Work” order if the work is under construction, and/or an order to “Cease and Desist” the use or occupancy of all or any part of a building, structure, or lands which were built, constructed or used or are being used in violation of the provisions of this ordinance, has obtained all required permits and has paid the required fees. Removal of a “stop work” or “cease and desist” order, except by order of the Zoning Inspector, shall constitute a punishable violation of this Ordinance. Any individual or contractor receiving more than one “stop work” order shall be charged two times (2x’s) all fees charged for the project in violation.