Hanson-Neely remembrance service Saturday at 3 p.m.

        

Hanson-Neely remembrance service Saturday at 3 p.m.

        
Home
Where Ada gets its news!

Viewer of the Week

Greg Garver

December 10, 2017
 

You are here

Letter: United Way is at a critical time in its campaign

Icon viewers:
United Way of Hardin County is calling out to the community for support. 

United Way is at a critical time in the campaign for 2018 non profit agency funding and we call out to the Hardin County community to unite and support the 20 result - oriented programs, as they are vital to serving individual and family needs in a variety of areas including health care, children, youth, seniors, education and financial stability.  

Of the campaign contributions received each year, only 1% of the funds collected are forwarded to The United Way World Wide, which leaves 99% of the dollars for local agency support, and conducting the campaign. The board of directors of United Way are all volunteer, and work diligently for the success of the campaign and are committed to the allocation of donations with discretion.
 

We sincerely thank our wonderful contributors to date! The campaign projections to date indicate to be only at 55% of the $220,000 projected goal that are needed  to continue agency funding for 2018.  So, If you do not have a plan in action yet for United Way support, please consider starting today!

Contributors may designate  a specific agency or agencies, or to the United Way office for general distribution to all.  Residents working out of town, should be sure to indicate United Way of Hardin County.
 
Agencies include: America Red Cross, (Hardin County), Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Boy Scouts of Hardin County, Children's Developmental Center, Community Health Professionals, Crossroads Crisis Center, Dental Council, Dolly Parton's Imagination Library, Girl Scouts of Western Ohio, Hardin County Council on Aging, Hardin County Family YMCA, Helping Hands Outreach, Kenton Little League, Love in the Name of Christ, Mobility Foundation, Neighborhood Opportunity Center, New Hope Ministries, ReStore Community Center, Salvation Army, and Table One.  

Tax deductible donations can be made by one of the following methods.

• Request a tax-deductible patrol deduction from your employer.

• Direct pledges or donations mailed to United Way of Hardin County, 225 S. Detroit St, Kenton, OH 43326

• Call the director, Darlene Foremen  419-675-1960 for assistance

• Donate online through the web sight  www.unitedwayhardincounty.org, using your favorite debit or credit card

• Donate through your personal bank account online banking bill pay. Your financial institution will mail the donation, or send by electronic transfer. Indicate your name as the account number.

• Other methods to contribute behind the scenes include Amazon Smile, and Kroger Community Rewards programs.

United Way of Hardin County is listed online as a charitable organization with AmazonSmile. The website is a simple and automatic way to support charitable organizations.  By shopping smile.amazon.com, Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to United Way at no additional cost to the customer.

The United Way has partnered with the Kroger organization to be a Community Rewards recipient. Contributors can indicate on their Kroger account information and specify community rewards to United Way of Hardin County.

We thank so many supporters for contributions to date!  Your support for United Way will be well used as an investment to strengthen and improve our communities. I believe with the continued support of our community we will succeed and achieve a better world.

Merleen Barnes
United Way of Hardin County, President

Tags: 

This week's news stories