Home
It's where Ada gets its news!
Ada Sports
May 27, 2019
 

You are here

Ream Hardware sold in 1950 after being in business nearly 50 years

January 24, 1950 the Ream Hardware was sold after being in business nearly 50 years. Major A.W. Ream started the hardware store in the former Wolfrom room now occupied by the feed department of the Amstutz hatchery (1950).

He had operated a plumbing shop here prior to that time. The store was later moved to the Doling bakery room now occupied by the Habit recreation; then to the old post office room on West Buckeye Avenue.

The company moved to the new Tressel building in 1915 where they operated for many years. In 1945 they again moved to their present location, 111 South Main Street. Leonard Ream, son of the founder, has been associated with the business for 32 years and sold the hardware due to ill health to Byron Earl of Venice, Florida, and now of Cairo, Ohio. The business will have the name Earl’s Hardware.