Posted by Beth Downing on Saturday, January 7, 2017
Dennis "Doc" Garbrecht was listed in fair condition Saturday evening at Ohio State University Medical Center in Columbus following a fire at his home, 301 E. North Ave., on Thursday morning. His wife, Peg, who was also home at the time, was uninjured.
The fire began in the laundry room, but what ignited the fire has not been determined yet. The two-story home was a total loss.
Four fire departments responded to the fire in very cold weather, battling the blaze for five hours. The Garbrechts were alerted to a fire by a smoke detector.
August is on the way, but until then, it's an Icon Weekend. Our 14-page Weekend edition provides details on events in the Icon viewership area now through next Friday.
Here's a sample of what you'll find:
• Bluffton and Ada events calendar
• Our favorite Bluffton and Ada photos of the week
• Lincoln Highway Buy Way Yard Sale
• Music Boosters barbecue tickets now on sale
• Northern on Main reopening soon as Cosi
• Bluffton's National Night Out details, including fireworks
To access Weekend open the attachment at the bottom of this story. A printed version of Icon's Weekend is available at the Ada Public Library.
It's another summer weekend in Ada and the Icon Weekend edition provides information on events taking place in the Icon viewership area in a 13-page printer-friendly attachment. A printed version is available at the Ada Public Library.
• Jonah Agner prepares a vegetarian menu at The Cask Room, Ada
• Liberty Conservation Club, Ada, catfish tournament on Saturday
• Rawson town festival on Saturday
• Car show at County Line Church of the Brethren
• Lots of activities all week at the Bluffton Public Library and Ada Public Library
• Book signing event in Bluffton for local author
The Icon’s 13-page weekend feature - CLICK HERE TO OPEN – offers a window to the events and activities in the Bluffton Icon and Ada Icon viewership areas from Saturday, June 25, through July 1.
Printed copies of "Weekend" are also available at the Bluffton Public Library, Common Grounds and Ada Public Library. Viewers intersted in receiving their own e-mailed copy may contact the Icon at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Icon’s 11-page weekend feature - CLICK HERE TO OPEN – offers a window to the events and activities in the Bluffton Icon and Ada Icon viewership areas from Saturday, June 18, through Friday, June 24.
"Weekend" is also accessible as an attachment at the bottom of this story.